From: James on
My first VPN will not connect from an external site - it will not even
get a pwd prompt. From inside the site (not sure if you can really
test this way) I get the following after logging on successfully:

Secure VPN Connection terminated locally by the Client.
Reason 401: An unrecognized error occurred while establishing the VPN
connection.

My transform set is 3DES and SHA #MAC
Auth's are local and if-auth to the network
I am using a group with a pre-share key
My ISAKMP policy is also 3DES, group 2
My interface that has the crypto map policy is the BVI1

In the config I am a bit mystified why my VLAN1 states it has no ip.
Do I need some vpn ACL commands?
I get an error on the client (config'd for NAT/PAT) of "15
15:24:49.174 02/16/06 Sev=Info/4 IKE/0x63000014
RECEIVING <<< ISAKMP OAK INFO *(HASH, NOTIFY:NO_PROPOSAL_CHOSEN) from
80.177.223.54"

Any help would be very appreciated...

From: Merv on
You might be better off to post this info under the orignal thread

Please post your config as it now stands

From: James on
Sorry, thought you had gone off-line! My config has not changed.
Still get no prompt for pwd from home site (here all day). Can post
config again on Mon. One thought is: I don't have to have a cisco
router at the remote site do I? Just the client software?

From: Merv on
You changed the groupanme and passwords and you should have change the
crypto setup based on some recommendatiosn made.

but if you could repost I would like to see the configs current state

From: Merv on

I will take a detailed look at this later today.