From: Ana on
I'm receiving an "Access denied" error when trying to set up a new
site with the Records Center template. I have tried using the my
administrator and FarmService account, both of which are set up as
Farm Administrators. Have seen other posts, but no answers. Any help
would be appreciated.

Using the latest and greatest MOSS.

The following is produced in the Event Viewer:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Office SharePoint Server
Event Category: Records Center
Event ID: 7089
Date: 2/19/2007
Time: 12:45:19 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MOSS-DEV
Records Center Provisioning for http://intranet.nusoftmockup.com/records
failed.
Access denied.
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPPersistedObject.Update()
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPService.Update()
at
Microsoft.Office.RecordsManagement.InformationPolicy.PolicyResourceCollection.Add(String
xmlManifest)
at
Microsoft.Office.RecordsManagement.RecordsRepository.Setup.EnsureSetupExpirationActions(SPWeb
web)
at
Microsoft.Office.RecordsManagement.RecordsRepository.Setup.<>c__DisplayClass2.<Provision>b__0()
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.CodeToRunElevatedWrapper(Object
state)
at
Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.<>c__DisplayClass4.<RunWithElevatedPrivileges>b__2()
at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SecurityContext.RunAsProcess(CodeToRunElevated
secureCode)
at
Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(WaitCallback
secureCode, Object param)
at
Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(CodeToRunElevated
secureCode)
at
Microsoft.Office.RecordsManagement.RecordsRepository.Setup.Provision(SPWeb
web)