From: Melody on
I recieved an authorization email saying I could purchase MicroSoft Office
Enterprise through the HUP program at my work but when I try to purchase
(after I complete everything and say submit order) I get the following
message. Did anyone else have this issue and know what to do about it? I
can't seem to find a number to contact or a way to send an email without
having being asked for method of payment.

"We are sorry, but we are unable to complete your request.
The following problem(s) exist:

A product you are purchasing is not offered."

THANKS!
From: gstrat on
I'm having exactly the same problem right now. I've been attempting to
purchase since 9/8, but still no luck. I received 2 replies from MS HUP
Customer Service: the first (2 days later) told me to check my billing
information and the second (6 days after that) told me that the problem is
due to browser cookies.

"Commonly, this is due to your browser not accepting cookies. A cookie is a
small file written to your hard drive by some web sites. We require that a
cookie be set on your computer so that you can access our secure server for
processing your credit card transaction, downloading your software, and
checking your shippable order status information."

I deleted my browser cookie (I'm using IE8) for microsofthup.com (called
"cookie:[yourwindowsusername]@microsofthup.com/" in C:\Documents and
Settings\[yourwindowsusername]\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files) and
attempted to purchase, but the same message occured when clicking CONFIRM: "A
product you are purchasing is not offered."

After having attempted the purchase in IE7, IE8 and Firefox 3, I'm having
difficulty believing that the problem is due to browser cookie set by
microsofthup.com.

My experience with Customer Service thusfar has not been encouraging. I'm
going to attempt the purchase from another computer. I'll let you know how
that goes.