From: bonkk on
HELP!! PLEASE!! I have recently changed internet providers, and I am now
receiving 2 of every e-mail.. I have tried everything I've found on the
internet..deleting the Pop3uidl file.. removing my account and re-doing it,
etc. Can anyone tell me what I am missing.. not an earth-shaking problem..
just an annoyance..
Thanks in advance..
From: Bruce Hagen on
Is this a POP3 account?

Was OE closed when you deleted the Pop3uidl.dbx file?

Was there more than one account listed in Tools | Accounts?

If, Yes, Yes, and No, remove e-mail scanning.

Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant
layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down sending and receiving,
and causes a multitude of problems such as time-outs, account setting
changes and has even been responsible for loss of messages. Your
up-to-date A/V program will continue to protect you sufficiently. For
more, see:
http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3

Note that for some AV programs, it may be necessary to uninstall the
program and reinstall in Custom Mode and uncheck e-mail scanning when the
option arises.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]