From: edfair on

In my experience speedstreams are the longest lasting, although in your
case it appears that you have lost one.

It has been years (since upgrade from 95 to 98) since I've been into
the ss setup but IIRC there were some diagnostics buried in there.

From: JD on
edfair wrote:
> In my experience speedstreams are the longest lasting, although in your
> case it appears that you have lost one.
>
> It has been years (since upgrade from 95 to 98) since I've been into
> the ss setup but IIRC there were some diagnostics buried in there.

Thank you Edfair.

Today I took the modem apart and inside it is
pristine. The capacitors look
perfect and there are no burn- or other distress-
marks anywhere.
Will fiddle some more with it tomorrow.

Hope you enjoyed the weekend :-)