From: Craig on
Haven't tried it.

It comes as a service or an actual download (which requires Linux...).
In addition to customizing the "content," Reconstructor can also build
live cd's and VM images.

> Reconstructor is a GNU/Linux distribution customization and creation
> toolkit. It allows for the customization of the Ubuntu and Debian
> GNU/Linux distributions. Customizations include boot logo image and
> text color, wallpaper, themes, icons, applications, and more.
>
> To start using Reconstructor (it's free) go to
> https://build.reconstructor.org and signup. Requirements�
>
> To use Reconstructor, you just need a modern web browser (Firefox,
> Safari, Chrome, etc.) with Javascript enabled. We strongly recommend
> against Internet Explorer, but if you must use it, Reconstructor is
> only known to work with Internet Explorer 8. Downloads�
>
> To get the standalone Reconstructor Engine (to build projects
> locally), go to https://www.reconstructor.org/downloads/

<https://reconstructor.org/wiki/reconstructor/>

hth,
--
-Craig
From: No Spam on
In article <i3s0vg$m99$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>
Craig <netburgher(a)REMOVEgmail.com> wrote:

>Haven't tried it.
>
>It comes as a service or an actual download (which requires Linux...).
>In addition to customizing the "content," Reconstructor can also build
>live cd's and VM images.
>
>> Reconstructor is a GNU/Linux distribution customization and creation
>> toolkit. It allows for the customization of the Ubuntu and Debian
>> GNU/Linux distributions. Customizations include boot logo image and
>> text color, wallpaper, themes, icons, applications, and more.
>>
>> To start using Reconstructor (it's free) go to
>> https://build.reconstructor.org and signup. Requirements�
>>
>> To use Reconstructor, you just need a modern web browser (Firefox,
>> Safari, Chrome, etc.) with Javascript enabled. We strongly recommend
>> against Internet Explorer, but if you must use it, Reconstructor is
>> only known to work with Internet Explorer 8. Downloads�
>>
>> To get the standalone Reconstructor Engine (to build projects
>> locally), go to https://www.reconstructor.org/downloads/
>
><https://reconstructor.org/wiki/reconstructor/>
>
>hth,

This was posted yesterday.

From: Craig on
On 08/10/2010 04:22 PM, No Spam wrote:
> In article<i3s0vg$m99$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>
> Craig<netburgher(a)REMOVEgmail.com> wrote:

>>> To get the standalone Reconstructor Engine (to build projects
>>> locally), go to https://www.reconstructor.org/downloads/
>>
>> <https://reconstructor.org/wiki/reconstructor/>
>>
>> hth,
>

> This was posted yesterday.

Why so it was! Luckily, what I posted included info on the application
and not just the service.

Good to have many eyeballs on the same data-sets, yes?

--
-Craig