From: J. Jones on
Can someone recommend a free easy to use software that saves those little
clips on Utube? I don't know what the software is called. The PC is Vista
with HomePremium. TIA. :)

From: gonzo on
J. Jones wrote:
> Can someone recommend a free easy to use software that saves those
> little clips on Utube? I don't know what the software is called. The
> PC is Vista with HomePremium. TIA. :)

http://www.applian.com/sound-recorder/

When you are not using it, just untick the box in
the right-click menu, and hide the toolbar.
From: J. Jones on
"gonzo" <lalalalalal(a)lala.lala.net> wrote in message
> J. Jones wrote:
>> Can someone recommend a free easy to use software that saves those
>> little clips on Utube? I don't know what the software is called. The
>> PC is Vista with HomePremium. TIA. :)
>
> http://www.applian.com/sound-recorder/
>
> When you are not using it, just untick the box in
> the right-click menu, and hide the toolbar.

That's just the free demo. Does it save videos from places like Utube?

From: J. Jones on
"gonzo" <lalalalalal(a)lala.lala.net> wrote in message
> J. Jones wrote:
>> Can someone recommend a free easy to use software that saves those
>> little clips on Utube? I don't know what the software is called. The
>> PC is Vista with HomePremium. TIA. :)
>
> http://www.applian.com/sound-recorder/
>
> When you are not using it, just untick the box in
> the right-click menu, and hide the toolbar.

How is it used to SAVE a video from Utube? It doesn't explain how this is
done. Where does the page URL go? Also, it doesn't show up in FireFox but
does in IE8.

From: Dave on
On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 11:51:33 -0500, J. Jones wrote:

> Can someone recommend a free easy to use software that saves those
> little clips on Utube? I don't know what the software is called. The PC
> is Vista with HomePremium. TIA. :)

http://youtubedownload.altervista.org/
<http://download.cnet.com/YouTube-Downloader/3000-2071_4-10647340.html?
tag=contentMain;contentAux>

"CNET editors' review

This simple freeware application works pretty well, given how basic the
interface is. It has two main features: to download FLV files from
YouTube, and to convert them to most major formats. If there's a YouTube
URL in your clipboard, it will automatically paste it for you when you
click on the dialog box. From there, just hit OK and the downloading will
commence. One more left-click is all it takes to load the file in the
converter, which supports iPhone, iPod, PSP, cell phone, AVI, MP3, WMV,
and Xvid. Surprisingly, there's also a basic video editor for cropping
videos by time stamp. You can also cut out the sound when converting."

This one is one of CNet's top ten downloads so I guess some people like
it.

Dave

--
Registered Linux User #444770