From: Andy on
Hello everyone,

making some tests we discovered that the records in Record Link - table nr.
2000000068 are automatically deleted when the sales document are archived
automatically if flag Sales & Receivables Setup."Archiving Sales Order" is
true.

Is there a method to obtain/restore records deleted?

We have inserted a lot of link for a lot of documents and are afraid of this.
This is the work of various months.

Do you have some suggestions?

Thank you

From: Luc Van Dyck on
"Andy" wrote:

> making some tests we discovered that the records in Record Link - table nr.
> 2000000068 are automatically deleted when the sales document are archived
> automatically if flag Sales & Receivables Setup."Archiving Sales Order" is
> true.
>
> Is there a method to obtain/restore records deleted?

Codeunit 5063 ArchiveManagement does not contains code to copy these Record
Links.

You might add this line:

SalesHeaderArchive.COPYLINKS(SalesHeader);

to copy these links to the Archive table (not tested though).

Luc Van Dyck
webmaster http://mibuso.com
"Your favourite knowledge base"

From: Andy on
Dear Luc,

thank you for this suggestion.
I didn't know the existence of this function and have to tried it yet.

Do you know the object where the record link are deleted in standard? Which
is the fuction that deletes them?

Can you have a look to my following message again regarding this problem. Is
that possibile to restore the record link information lost / deleted?

Thank you very much

From: Luc Van Dyck on
"Andy" wrote:

> Do you know the object where the record link are deleted in standard? Which
> is the fuction that deletes them?
>
> Can you have a look to my following message again regarding this problem. Is
> that possibile to restore the record link information lost / deleted?

If a record is deleted, with record links, these record links are deleted
automatically. There is no C/AL code that does this, it's built in in the
client.

For example: add a record link to a record in form 429 Territories. You'll
see a record in the Record Link table. Then delete the Territory record.
You'll see that the record link record is deleted as well. There is no code
in the OnDelete-trigger of the Territory table that does this.

You'll need to restore a backup of your database, if you want to recover the
record links.
From: Kim on
oh. haven't seen, that this question is allready answered. i just answered
to your question from 02/25.
hope your issue is solved by now :)