From: Norm on
Whenever I do a restart I find a number of Recovered Files in the Trash.

In most cases these files are all html files. I disregard and empty
trash.

This time there were a number of text files of 0 KB size with names
starting with "dftmp" and then a string of letters follow.

Curious as to what and why?

Thanks for any education on this.

--
Please send email to: nwhiii at yahoo dot com
From: matt neuburg on
Norm <NOSPAM(a)yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> Curious as to what and why?

Recovered Files are files that during the previous session (between
restarts) were placed in your Temporary Items folder. They were placed
there for exactly this reason - so that on the next restart they would
be deleted. Programs have lots of good reasons for maintiaining
temporary items. Don't waste your little grey cells about it. m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = matt(a)tidbits.com, http://www.tidbits.com/matt/
Tiger - http://www.takecontrolbooks.com/tiger-customizing.html