From: kev on
I sort by date, but every so often the recycle bin keeps going back to
sorting by name. At least when the system is turned off/on and sometimes
even while it is running. I have the option to Remember each folder's view
settings on, and as far as I can tell the other folders don't have this
problem, it is only the recycle bin that keeps resetting the view by itself.

From: Jim on
On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 12:26:18 -0700, "kev" <replytogroup> wrote:

>I sort by date, but every so often the recycle bin keeps going back to
>sorting by name. At least when the system is turned off/on and sometimes
>even while it is running. I have the option to Remember each folder's view
>settings on, and as far as I can tell the other folders don't have this
>problem, it is only the recycle bin that keeps resetting the view by itself.

You asked this couple of weeks ago ?
From: Doug W. on

"kev" <replytogroup> wrote in message news:uuaU5rJ6KHA.3656(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>I sort by date, but every so often the recycle bin keeps going back to
> sorting by name. At least when the system is turned off/on and sometimes
> even while it is running. I have the option to Remember each folder's view
> settings on, and as far as I can tell the other folders don't have this
> problem, it is only the recycle bin that keeps resetting the view by itself.

==
Why is this a "big deal"? The recycle bin is a garbage can...are you using it as a storage bin? It matters not whether it is sorted or not in most cases.

If you need to "occasionally" have it sorted then change the view setting for that one time.

Pedantry rules supreme in your house apparently.

======================

From: kev on

"Jim" <bojimbo261(a)googlemail.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 12:26:18 -0700, "kev" <replytogroup> wrote:
>
>>I sort by date, but every so often the recycle bin keeps going back to
>>sorting by name. At least when the system is turned off/on and sometimes
>>even while it is running. I have the option to Remember each folder's view
>>settings on, and as far as I can tell the other folders don't have this
>>problem, it is only the recycle bin that keeps resetting the view by
>>itself.
>>

> You asked this couple of weeks ago ?

Uh, no? Feel free to link a previous thread if it will help with the answer,
otherwise welcome to a public newsgroup where some people may have the same
question.