From: LT on
Is there a newgroup's' for win7?
Have several questions before buying new laptop win win7 installed.

From: Nil on
On 30 Apr 2010, "LT" <notgood(a)yahooie.com> wrote in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> Is there a newgroup's' for win7?
> Have several questions before buying new laptop win win7 installed.

Not an offical Microsoft-sponsored one. They do have a web forum, but I
don't know the address.

There is an unoffical one called "alt.windows7.general". It is not
carried by all usenet services (Google doesn't have it.)
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
No MS newsgroups for Win7, only web-based forums:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7

From: Richard in AZ on

"Nil" <rednoise(a)REMOVETHIScomcast.net> wrote in message news:Xns9D6ABE26091BAnilch1(a)130.133.4.11...
> On 30 Apr 2010, "LT" <notgood(a)yahooie.com> wrote in
> microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:
>
>> Is there a newgroup's' for win7?
>> Have several questions before buying new laptop win win7 installed.
>
> Not an offical Microsoft-sponsored one. They do have a web forum, but I
> don't know the address.
>
> There is an unoffical one called "alt.windows7.general". It is not
> carried by all usenet services (Google doesn't have it.)

There is an "alt.windows7.general" news group in the free "news.aioe.org" service.
But it had degenerated into a flame war between Linux and windows users.

From: LT on
Thanks PA.
I'm really trying to find out what programs will run and how to set up
windows 7 for the wife. Buying her a new laptop and everything we have now
is running great on WinXP but it appears all the Dell's are running Win7.
We/she currently uses Office 2k(word and excel only) and OLE.
Yep, we're wayyyyyy out-dated but everything works and does what we need.