From: Nil on
On 30 Apr 2010, "Richard in AZ" <me(a)mailinator.com> wrote in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> There is an "alt.windows7.general" news group in the free
> "news.aioe.org" service. But it had degenerated into a flame war
> between Linux and windows users.

Not really. I see none of that. It's very easy to filter that stuff
out, which leaves you with a good amount of interesting content.
From: SC Tom on

"LT" <noway(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Thanks PA.
> I'm really trying to find out what programs will run and how to set up
> windows 7 for the wife. Buying her a new laptop and everything we have now
> is running great on WinXP but it appears all the Dell's are running Win7.
> We/she currently uses Office 2k(word and excel only) and OLE.
> Yep, we're wayyyyyy out-dated but everything works and does what we need.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> No MS newsgroups for Win7, only web-based forums:
>> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7
>>
>> LT wrote:
>>> Is there a newgroup's' for win7?
>>> Have several questions before buying new laptop win win7 installed.

I have found that most things that run in XP run well in Win7 also. I have
Office 2003 on mine which runs just fine, no problems that are Win7 related.
I have some older utilities and games that were ME/2k/XP compatible that
also run fine on Win7. Unless you have some REALLY old programs, you
shouldn't have any insurmountable problems making them run on Win7. You
could try a search for Windows 7 and whatever programs you're concerned
about and see what results other people are having.
--
SC Tom

From: LT on
Thanks, will do search.

From: LD5SZRA on

alt.windows7.general is hijacked by a bunch of lunatics and all
you get is words that cannot be repeated here due to censorship by
Micro$! A novice is not advised to go there.

hth

--
THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
KIND. LD5SZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR

Copyright LD5SZRA 2010.
From: Peter Foldes on
LD5SZRA

For once I agree with you . They are not only lunatics but unintelligent retards

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect