From: Joy on
It's been a while since I knew how to solve the "red X" problem, but my
computer crashed and now that my computer man has it back and running, I
have the red X and I can't remember the setting to solve it; something about
security? Thanks.

From: Bruce Hagen on
Tools | Options | Security. Uncheck: "Block images..............".

"Images are blocked when you open an e-mail message in Outlook Express on
a Windows XP Service Pack 2-based computer"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/843018
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

From: Joy on
Thank you!

From: Bruce Hagen on
You're welcome.

From: Zac Thompson on

"Kjw" <Kjw(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>> > subscribers. Yes, I can send myself one with the graphics showing and
>> > can receive from others with it showing. But, this is the strange
>> > part, he is sending these messages all as a group. He and others
>> > including myself all use the same internet service. The others get
>> > these same emails with the graphics showing. If it was on my end, I
>> > wouldn't be receiving from myself and others with the graphics
>> > showing, would I. Plus, if it was on his end, the others that he sent
>> > it to at the same time as myself wouldn't be getting them with the
>> > graphics showing, would they? This is weird. Can anyone explain this?

>> Assuming he sends all the mails in one go and not separate sessions, then
>> if
>> some recipien ts see the images OK and some do not, it is NOT anything at
>> his end. It's highly likely to be a setting on your own computer's
>> client
>> or in your account settings at your ISP.
>>
>> Too many variables/possibilities and too little detail to target a
>> response
>> accurately, but ...
>> -- Is your ISP scraping and deleting the attachments? Usually that's a
>> selection around the AV protection area of the ISP's settings, on his
>> server.
>> -- Are you the only one in your group that uses your particular ISP?
>> ISPs
>> can have differeing settings and defaults so if ISP X works OK, that
>> doesn't
>> really say ISP Y will work OK.
>> -- Have you set your client Options to not accept attachments that could
>> be
>> dangerous? If so, turn it off.
>> -- The fact that others see them isn't helpful unless you also know that
>> all
>> the others are using the SAME mail client and version of their mail
>> client
>> as you are using, have all selected the same virus and spam an d
>> attatchmen
>> t settings the ISP may offer and all are identical.
>> -- Have you, just for grins, tried installing Thunderbird or any other
>> mail
>> client to see if it sees the images OK? If another client does see them,
>> then it's going to be some setting on your end. Actually that's what I
>> suspect it's going to end up being anyway. Try comparing you computer
>> account and ISP settings with someone and look for differences, and/ore
>> try
>> installing a different mail client. The browser counterpart of
>> Thunderbird
>> is FireFox - an excellent browser with only a couple very annoying
>> "features" but they're harmless.
>>
>> HTH,
>>
>> Twayne
>>

>> --
>> --
>> Life is the only real counselor; wisdom unfiltered
>> through personal experience does not become a

Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Next: activacion