From: Kelly on
Me too. I have the identical issue as indicated in the initial question.

IIS 6, Intranet application

URL is http://servername/abc

I want users to be able to type http://servername and have the website automatically serve up the abc virtual directory.

I tried doing the redirect as shown in the solutions but it does not work.

NotA Webguy wrote:

Web Redirect
03-Dec-09

I tried putting the secondary page in but that did not work. I am trying to redirect Track-it (help desk software) from Http://servername/tiweb. I want it to be Http://Helpdesk. I have created the DNS entry for Helpdesk it resolves to the server and I did redirect to "http://tiweb" but it goes to the server default page of Under Construction. What am I doing wrong? Help???????

On Thursday, April 26, 2007 2:22 PM
trek830 wrote:

Redirect to virtual folder under default website
I have been tasked to do the following:

Have it so that www.website.com/abc is accessible by user typing
www.website.com (abc is a virtual directory setup under the default website)
instead of the full URL. I am attempting to use the the redirect options
under IIS but none are working. I have even tried to setup a separate website
(same server) using a host header name that redirects to the virtual folder.
(just grasping).

I have read the operations guide "Redirecting Requests to Files,
Directories, or Programs" and tried various suggestions including wildcards.
Most of the articles seem to be geared for redirecting virtual directories to
other virtual directories.

I am sure there is a simple explanation but can't seem to find it. Any
thoughts?

On Thursday, April 26, 2007 4:27 PM
Alexey Smirnov wrote:

Re: Redirect to virtual folder under default website
I think "A redirection to a URL" - "A directory below this one" will help.
In the properties of www.website.com you can specify abc in the Redirect To
text box and select that option.

On Friday, April 27, 2007 11:02 AM
trek830 wrote:

I figured out the solution.
I figured out the solution. I simply entered in the "redirect to" box "/abc"
and selected the "A permanent redirection for ....." which did the trick.
Thanks for your input Alexy.

"Alexey Smirnov" wrote:

On Thursday, December 03, 2009 4:17 PM
NotA Webguy wrote:

Web Redirect
I tried putting the secondary page in but that did not work. I am trying to redirect Track-it (help desk software) from Http://servername/tiweb. I want it to be Http://Helpdesk. I have created the DNS entry for Helpdesk it resolves to the server and I did redirect to "http://tiweb" but it goes to the server default page of Under Construction. What am I doing wrong? Help???????

What's New for Developers in SharePoint 2010 Object Model?
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/84e8403e-a25c-49b7-a0d8-3e2773fa29b5/whats-new-for-developers.aspx