From: emcz on
Hi,

I am looking how to just redistribute these 2 dlls into WinSxS.

Can I make a self extract exe file containing these 2 dlls?

TIA for any help.
From: Jochen Kalmbach [MVP] on
Hi emcz!

> I am looking how to just redistribute these 2 dlls into WinSxS.
>
> Can I make a self extract exe file containing these 2 dlls?

No. You need to use vcredist_x86.exe.

Or you can
- statically link your app

or you can use app local deployment:
http://blog.kalmbach-software.de/2008/05/03/howto-deploy-vc2008-apps-without-installing-vcredist_x86exe/

--
Greetings
Jochen

My blog about Win32 and .NET
http://blog.kalmbachnet.de/
From: emcz on
On 4/17/2010 11:58 AM, Jochen Kalmbach [MVP] wrote:
> Hi emcz!
>
>> I am looking how to just redistribute these 2 dlls into WinSxS.
>>
>> Can I make a self extract exe file containing these 2 dlls?
>
> No. You need to use vcredist_x86.exe.
>
> Or you can
> - statically link your app
>
> or you can use app local deployment:
> http://blog.kalmbach-software.de/2008/05/03/howto-deploy-vc2008-apps-without-installing-vcredist_x86exe/

My problem is that this is ActiveX control, if I have to use
vcredist_x86.exe, then how can I run vcredist_x86.exe when the
ActvieX is downloaded and user doesn't need to do anything?
From: Jochen Kalmbach [MVP] on
Hi emcz!

>> - statically link your app
>
> My problem is that this is ActiveX control, if I have to use
> vcredist_x86.exe, then how can I run vcredist_x86.exe when the
> ActvieX is downloaded and user doesn't need to do anything?

Why not statically link???
http://blog.kalmbach-software.de/2008/03/03/screencast-statically-link-to-the-c-runtime-to-prevent-vcredist-and-overcome-application-configuration-problems/

--
Greetings
Jochen

My blog about Win32 and .NET
http://blog.kalmbachnet.de/
From: emcz on
On 4/18/2010 4:12 AM, Jochen Kalmbach [MVP] wrote:
> Hi emcz!
>
>>> - statically link your app
>>
>> My problem is that this is ActiveX control, if I have to use
>> vcredist_x86.exe, then how can I run vcredist_x86.exe when the
>> ActvieX is downloaded and user doesn't need to do anything?
>
> Why not statically link???
> http://blog.kalmbach-software.de/2008/03/03/screencast-statically-link-to-the-c-runtime-to-prevent-vcredist-and-overcome-application-configuration-problems/

Jochen,

I encounter a problem in statically link, and this problem only
happens when it statically links to MFC.

AfxFindResourceHandle is redefined to AfxGetResourceHandle if it
statically links to MFC, some how this causes my listbox not
painted correctly.

I am going to open another thread to ask this question.

Thanks!