From: Bob I on

Mint wrote:

> On Jun 10, 12:30 pm, "Badger" <jerry...(a)msn.com> wrote:
>
>>Right click the desktop Icon and select properties,
>>Then select don't move files to the recycle bin.
>>You will see the max size window grey out.
>>
>>"Mint" <chocolatemint77...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>>Is there a way to reduce the recycle bin size to below 1%?
>>
>>>Registry changes O.K.
>>
>>>Thanks.
>

> I asked to reduce the size, not eliminate it entirely.

Based on your "criteria", you need to use an operating system that
permits "megabytes" as the size measurement instead of percent.

From: Daave on
Mint wrote:
> On Jun 10, 12:30 pm, "Badger" <jerry...(a)msn.com> wrote:
>> Right click the desktop Icon and select properties,
>> Then select don't move files to the recycle bin.
>> You will see the max size window grey out.
>>
>> "Mint" <chocolatemint77...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> Is there a way to reduce the recycle bin size to below 1%?
>>
>>> Registry changes O.K.
>>
>>> Thanks.
>
> I asked to reduce the size, not eliminate it entirely.

For what reason? 1% is rather reduced, don't you agree? What benefit
could be gained by reducing it further? Or is this an exercise in
curiosity?

From: Bert Hyman on
In news:eTOL8yNCLHA.3972(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl "Daave"
<daave(a)example.com> wrote:

> Mint wrote:
>

>> I asked to reduce the size, not eliminate it entirely.
>
> For what reason? 1% is rather reduced, don't you agree?

Well, 1% of a 1.5TB drive is quite a lot of space.

> What benefit could be gained by reducing it further?

I wonder that myself, but don't often try to second-guess other posters.

I'm just assuming that the value is the maximum size to which the bin
will be allowed to grow and that it doesn't occupy that much space when
it's not being used.

If it's actually pre-allocated space, then reducing the size to a
sensible number would be of value.

> Or is this an exercise in curiosity?

Maybe. Even if that's what it is, it's still worth trying to answer.

If the value is really kept as an integer percentage of the disk size,
then I'd say there doesn't appear to be any integer between 1 and zero
:-)

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert(a)iphouse.com
From: Daave on
Bert Hyman wrote:
> In news:eTOL8yNCLHA.3972(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl "Daave"
> <daave(a)example.com> wrote:
>
>> Mint wrote:
>>

>>> I asked to reduce the size, not eliminate it entirely.
>>
>> For what reason? 1% is rather reduced, don't you agree?
>
> Well, 1% of a 1.5TB drive is quite a lot of space.

Perhaps, but it's all relative. The remainder of that drive is still 99
times larger!

From: Bob I on

Bert Hyman wrote:
> In news:eTOL8yNCLHA.3972(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl "Daave"
> <daave(a)example.com> wrote:
>

>>Mint wrote:
>>

>>>I asked to reduce the size, not eliminate it entirely.
>>
>>For what reason? 1% is rather reduced, don't you agree?
>

> Well, 1% of a 1.5TB drive is quite a lot of space.
>

>>What benefit could be gained by reducing it further?
>

> I wonder that myself, but don't often try to second-guess other posters.
>
> I'm just assuming that the value is the maximum size to which the bin
> will be allowed to grow and that it doesn't occupy that much space when
> it's not being used.

XP merely doesn't actually delete the files until the threshold is
reached, then the space of the first deleted file in the "list" is
marked as unused so the space can be overwritten.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: Office2003
Next: Windows Backups