From: Tim Meddick on
I quote myself :

"Should the Recycle Bin ever actually reach the max-size you set, no more
files can be sent to it and will have to permanently deleted, with no
chance of recovery"

Does it say anywhere that there WON'T be a Windows "pop-up" dialog box?

It is you who are libellous, saying that I spread ignorance....

Really, who doesn't know that you get an obligatory dialog box informing
that the Recycle Bin is at max-capacity?

What I was pointing out was; there's no benefit in reaching full capacity -
nothing happens except the Recycle Bin can no-longer accept any more files
and, as it cannot be stored in the Recycle Bin, must be permanently deleted
(or, bloody obviously, not deleted at all).

==

Cheers, Tim Meddick, Peckham, London. :-)

From: Greg Russell on
In news:OMyTT8PCLHA.1368(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
Tim Meddick <timmeddick(a)o2.co.uk> typed:

> I quote myself :

You're a poster-child for all the miscommunication vagaries that result from
top-posting, forcing people to read a conversation backwards ... you were
quoted accurately and in context, such as it were.

Learn to quote what you're responding to *above* your response, then people
won't won't have to guess your context.

From: Alan Edwards on
On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 16:09:44 -0700 (PDT), in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, Mint
<chocolatemint77581(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Jun 10, 5:41�pm, John John - MVP <audetw...(a)nbnot.nb.ca> wrote:
>> Mint wrote:

>> > I asked to reduce the size, not eliminate it entirely.
>>
>> I don't think that it can do fractions (1.5% or .5% or whatever). �It's
>> governed by the Percent value at
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\BitBucket
>>
>> If you can figure out how to enter 0.5 (.5%) there let us know how its done.
>>
>> John
>
>Thanks, reg wouldn't take .5.
>
>Can you ask M.S. to fix it for Win 8. :-)
>
>Andy

The problem seemed to have been addressed in Vista, as it allows a MB
entry.

....Alan
http://dts-l.com/index.htm

From: Tim Meddick on
I think it may be you who is the "child" here.

I take the time and trouble to defend myself in as polite and coherent a
manner as possible, and all you do is want to trade insults and attempt to
intimidate someone who is [probably] twice your age.

==

Cheers, Tim Meddick, Peckham, London. :-)

P.S. On Top-Posting - I have to be true to my convictions, and belief that
one should treat others in the exact way you would like to be treated.

As such, I will continue to top-post and edit (snip) where and how I see
fit.

Readers are free to choose to avoid reading my replies if they so-wish, and
no-one is "forcing" anyone to do anything in a newsgroup. They are not
obliged to read through a post they feel is difficult to understand because
I choose to place the reply [newer] text first.

And they are certainly not obliged to, having read through a post that was
supposedly too difficult to read, to then complain about reading it.

I have always found it bothersome in the extreme, to have to wade through
mountains of "past-quoted-post" to get to the "new stuff", as so many don't
bother to edit away text that is not necessary to include in every post,
and so I post how I would very much like to read posts.

From: Badger on
OK, then reduce the numbers in the Max size window.

"Mint" <chocolatemint77581(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Jun 10, 12:30 pm, "Badger" <jerry...(a)msn.com> wrote:
>> Right click the desktop Icon and select properties,
>> Then select don't move files to the recycle bin.
>> You will see the max size window grey out.
>>
>> "Mint" <chocolatemint77...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> > Is there a way to reduce the recycle bin size to below 1%?
>>
>> > Registry changes O.K.
>>
>> > Thanks.
>
> I asked to reduce the size, not eliminate it entirely.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: Office2003
Next: Windows Backups