From: Dan on

"Bwig Zomberi" <zomberiMAPSONNOSPAM(a)gmail.invalid> wrote in message
>> I don't think you can log in with windows authentication on a webpage,
>> when you are not yet logged in.
>>

> On Intranet ASP applications, non-IE browsers prompt for Windows
> authentication. I do not know why this is so. I see it everyday on LAN.

It's because IE will automatically send Windows authentication details to
the Intranet zone, all other browsers will prompt for the details.

--
Dan

From: Dooza on
On 19/07/2010 10:26, Dan wrote:

> "Bwig Zomberi" <zomberiMAPSONNOSPAM(a)gmail.invalid> wrote in message
>>> I don't think you can log in with windows authentication on a webpage,
>>> when you are not yet logged in.
>>>

>> On Intranet ASP applications, non-IE browsers prompt for Windows
>> authentication. I do not know why this is so. I see it everyday on LAN.
>
> It's because IE will automatically send Windows authentication details
> to the Intranet zone, all other browsers will prompt for the details.

In Firefox you can add the site to a list of sites that get
authenticated. I do this all the time for internal sites that need
Windows Authentication.
http://markmonica.com/2007/11/20/firefox-and-integrated-windows-authentication/

Dooza
First  |  Prev  |