From: Charles A. Lackman on
Hello,

I created an App that writes small amounts of data to the registry. This
works in Windows XP with no problem, however, Windows 7 gives the following
error:

"Requested registry access is not allowed".

I am not sure how to work around this.

I am using VS 2005. Code examples would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Chuck

From: Family Tree Mike on
On 5/4/2010 4:00 PM, Charles A. Lackman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I created an App that writes small amounts of data to the registry. This
> works in Windows XP with no problem, however, Windows 7 gives the following
> error:
>
> "Requested registry access is not allowed".
>
> I am not sure how to work around this.
>
> I am using VS 2005. Code examples would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Chuck

You should be writing to the HKEY_Current_User portion of the registry
without issue. Even within XP, you could experience issues if you try
writing outside of there. Where are you trying to write?

--
Mike
From: Mr. Arnold on
Charles A. Lackman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I created an App that writes small amounts of data to the registry. This
> works in Windows XP with no problem, however, Windows 7 gives the following
> error:
>
> "Requested registry access is not allowed".
>
> I am not sure how to work around this.
>
> I am using VS 2005. Code examples would be greatly appreciated.

Windows Vista and 7 are not XP, and you're not going to be able to do on
Vista or 7 what you can do on XP.

You should look up information using Bing or Google on how to deal with
virtualization.

<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa965884(VS.85).aspx>