From: Help with reinstalling windows fromhrddv <Help with reinstalling windows on
I have a laptop that windows came preinstalled on and with no windows or
system recovery disk. I've tried using winnt32.exe in the I386 folder. It
begins but says Internal error 2356 i believe and also says data1.cab. I
need to reinstall my windows desperately and need help. Anybody got a
solution?
From: peter on
I bet if you look in the manual that came with your laptop it told you how
to make a "recovery" CD for just those emergencies...did you???
Does it have a "recovery" partition?? again the manual would tell you how to
use that partition.
The manufacturers website would be the place to look for the manual if
you've "misplaced" it.

If on the other hand you bought the unit 2nd hand ..as is .............you
will need to go out and buy a retail version of XP.
life sucks for people who dont read the fine print
peter

--
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."