From: Mick on
Hi Bruce, I need your assistant, How can i calculate within my report the
movements of two displayed columns
coming from 2 different datasets within a table in a Reporting
services report. i.e. there are two tables in my report. The 2 different
datasets are MDX queries with exactly
the same number of rows but running over 2 different periods. I just
want to calculate within the report the different between the two
columns data i.e col A (from dataset 1) minus Col B (from dataset 2) to be
on Col C on the 2nd table.. I am only able to reference one
dataset within the table and for the second dataset, I can only
reference the Sum of this column measure or the First/Last record of
this column measure, but not each data rows of this column measure.
Regards Mick

"Bruce L-C [MVP]" wrote:

> The way to do master-child relationships is with sub reports. I do this all
> the time. A subreport can be with it's own table in your report or it can be
> embedded in a list or a field of a table.
>

> --
> Bruce Loehle-Conger
> MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
>
> "Rashmi Jagadish" <RashmiJagadish(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:B5DE61A3-5A45-4810-B21A-4EB811C2C3EA(a)microsoft.com...
> > Hello,
> > I'm kind of new to reporting services and have gone thru a number of web
> > casts but no where did I come across this.
> >
> > Say I have two datasets from two different database on servers.
> > I know a report can have multiple datasets but is there a way I can
> > associate the datasets.
> > For example - I have a dataset 'Master' (database -DB1 on Server S1)which
> > has a few columns and I have 'Child' (database DB2 on S2).
> >
> > Master and Child have a common column Col1.
> > I want to use the Matrix or even List and be able to drill down to child
> > based on Master Col1 (also this will display other details)
> >
> > Is there a way to relate Master and Child based on Col1 in the Report or
> > should this be done in the backed only??

Pages: 1
Prev: ReportPath and Report Server URL
Next: SSRS - 2005