From: cbotos on
Hi,

I have a worksheet full of data (Actual DT)with cost centers in column A,
subaccounts in column B, and data in columns D through O (each column is a
different month). In the main tab of my report, I have a dropdown box for
users to select the month they would like to see data for. In yet another
tab, I am trying to create a formula that is a 'sumifs' into the data sheet
that will sum the given month's column if both the cost center and subaccount
match those given in cells on that sheet.

So far, I have gotten to the following: =SUMIFS('Actual DT'!K:K,'Actual
DT'!A:A,A10,'Actual DT'!B:B,$A$9) (I have the CC i would like to match to in
A10 and the Subaccount in A9)

This formula works fine but what I would like to do is find some way to
remove the 'Actual DT'!K:K reference and have that be either a vlookup or
something into another sheet where I can lookup the month currently selected
in the main dropdown window and then have the corresponding sum range I want
to put into the sumifs statement in the next column over. I would even settle
for being able to reference one cell that I could format to hold the data
range for the given month. I just can't figure it out! I have had sucess
referencing the column number in a vlookup as a reference to another cell,
but I haven't figure out how to do this for a range of cells.

Is this possible? Please let me know if I can clarify anything.

Thank you in advance!!!

From: Pete_UK on
What cell in the drop-down on your main sheet is used to select the
month? Is this the name of the month (Jan or January), or is it a
number to represent the month?

Pete

From: cbotos on
The main sheet is a tab called "SCORECARD" and the cell with the dropdown is
B7. The dropdown has users choose a month by full name (ex. January,
February, March, April, etc.)

i experimented with using a working sheet to pull the month selected from
Scorecard B7 and have the sumifs formula use an indirect into there but I
didn't have any luck.

Any help would be appreciated!

From: T. Valko on
Assuming in sheet Actual DT D1:O1 are the monthly column headers in the form
January, February, March, etc.

=SUMIFS(INDEX('Actual DT'!D:O,,MATCH(B7,'Actual DT'!D1:O1,0)),'Actual
DT'!A:A,A10,'Actual DT'!B:B,A9)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

From: Ziggy on
I like to create two colums off to the right of the financial data
with a 'CHOOSE' formula, say columns Q & R

One, with a simple 'CHOOSE' formula to select the current month or the
month you want to select, and
Two, also with a cummulative CHOOSE formula a year-to-date column
based on the selected month.

=CHOOSE(ref_cell,D5,sum($D5:E5), sum($D5:F5)... Sum($D5:O5))

It's then simple to reference only those two columns for your data.

Your SUMIFS formula is tied only to these columns