From: cosmojoe on
March 15, 2010, Kaunakakai, Hawaii - Einstein wrong!
Relativity overturned!
Luminiferous ether discovered!
-Molokai Dispatch News
For more details go to http://www.zyx2.org
From: BURT on
On Mar 26, 1:15 pm, cosmojoe <cosmo...(a)hawaiiantel.net> wrote:
> March 15, 2010, Kaunakakai, Hawaii - Einstein wrong!
> Relativity overturned!
> Luminiferous ether discovered!
>                              -Molokai Dispatch News
> For more details go tohttp://www.zyx2.org

When you create new motion as in accelerating and beginning to move
there is always weight. Weight is detectability. Other forms appear to
move around you and relative motion shrinks in the distance.

Mitch Raemsch
From: Androcles on

"cosmojoe" <cosmojoe(a)hawaiiantel.net> wrote in message
> March 15, 2010, Kaunakakai, Hawaii - Einstein wrong!
> Relativity overturned!
> Luminiferous ether discovered!
> -Molokai Dispatch News
> For more details go to http://www.zyx2.org

You are a fuckwit. For more details go to alt.fuckwits.

From: Tom Roberts on
cosmojoe wrote:
> March 15, 2010, Kaunakakai, Hawaii - Einstein wrong!
> Relativity overturned!
> Luminiferous ether discovered!
> -Molokai Dispatch News
> For more details go to http://www.zyx2.org

That has insufficient detail. In particular the following are lacking:
1. what material is in the light paths? -- I'm guessing air.
2. what temperature regulation is used? -- clearly none.
3. what temperature, humidity, and barometric pressure monitoring
is used? -- I'm guessing 1 degree accuracy for temperature but only
used occasionally, and none for the others.

Note using air (#1) is known to have serious problems, and no such
interferometer in air has ever given reliable or useful results. #2 implies the
results are useless -- similar measurements require temperature stability better
than 0.00001 degree during measurements [#]; without good temperature regulation
you cannot possibly separate a cosmic signal from temperature effects. #3
implies you don't understand the importance of monitoring all sources of
systematic errors -- just saying "they are small" or "I don't think they are
important" is not good enough.

[#] Estimate what temperature regulation is required by computing
the change in air's index of refraction for a temperature change,
and the fringe shift for such a change in the index; require this
shift to be much smaller than the observed fringe shift.

It is not clear precisely what you are recording. I'm guessing that when you
look at the image on the screen you observe the fringes drifting slowly toward
one of the laser spots -- this is almost certainly evidence of temperature
variations: for much longer arms, estimates of fringe shifts are < 1 fringe per
rotation, so yours are ENORMOUS. But for all such interferometers to date,
temperature effects have been greatly larger than the expected cosmic signal.

I point out you have performed no error analysis. That is essential in modern
experimental physics.

If you want to convince anybody of anything, you must advance beyond the level
of playing with toys.

Tom Roberts
From: Sue... on
On Mar 26, 4:15 pm, cosmojoe <cosmo...(a)hawaiiantel.net> wrote:
> March 15, 2010, Kaunakakai, Hawaii - Einstein wrong!
> Relativity overturned!
> Luminiferous ether discovered!
>                              -Molokai Dispatch News
> For more details go tohttp://www.zyx2.org

When you can sit in the rear of an aeroplane and
measure its speed by aiming a police radar at
the forward bulkhead, then you have detected
the "Luminiferous ether"

Good hunting,

Sue...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superseded_scientific_theory