From: Jon on
I need a way to test if there is current in the Service BEFORE it reaches
the Main Disconnect. I could put a relay coil across it, but I need a
better, safer more reliable way. Does anyone know?

http://jons-math.bravehost.com/transfer.html

From: John Fields on
On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 10:06:13 -0400, "Jon" <jon8338(a)peoplepc.com>
wrote:

>I need a way to test if there is current in the Service BEFORE it reaches
>the Main Disconnect. I could put a relay coil across it, but I need a
>better, safer more reliable way. Does anyone know?

---
Snipped suicide link...

What do you mean by "current"?

JF

From: Jim Thompson on
On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 11:36:27 -0500, John Fields
<jfields(a)austininstruments.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 10:06:13 -0400, "Jon" <jon8338(a)peoplepc.com>
>wrote:
>
>>I need a way to test if there is current in the Service BEFORE it reaches
>>the Main Disconnect. I could put a relay coil across it, but I need a
>>better, safer more reliable way. Does anyone know?
>
>---
>Snipped suicide link...
>
>What do you mean by "current"?
>
>JF

John "The Bloviator" Larkin's magic excess charge ?:-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Spice is like a sports car...
Only as good as the person behind the wheel.
From: PeterD on
wrote:

>I need a way to test if there is current in the Service BEFORE it reaches
>the Main Disconnect. I could put a relay coil across it, but I need a
>better, safer more reliable way. Does anyone know?
>
>http://jons-math.bravehost.com/transfer.html

Geeze, boy, how many times do we have to tell you: PUT A CONTACTOR
BETWEEN THE LINE AND THE LOAD or it won't work. No mater what you do,
you have a manual switch in the circuit and that switch doesn't stop
the system from back feeding the grid.

From: m II on
John Fields wrote:

> Snipped suicide link...
>
> What do you mean by "current"?

Considering the source of the question, it certainly can't be an
electrical reference.

He must mean the circuit should, if it feels like it AND the winds are
right AND the moon is in the right phase, work sometime in the present,
as in "The current situation".

Me? I'd prefer an antique to do the job:

http://snipurl.com/zrnyc

mike