From: Greg Forschler on
I used to have an icon for Remote Desktop on my WinXP SP3 PC.
Yesterday it simply was not there. I did a search for it and cannot
find it anywhere, I assume I need to reinstall it somehow. I don't
have the Windows CD, my machine simply came with it loaded. I looked
online and found WindowsXP-KB925876-x86-ENU.exe, but when I run it I
get the error - Setup has detected that the Service Pack version of
this system
is newer than the update you are applying. There is no need to install
this update.

Is there some other way to get this to install? I know I've had to do
it before, about a year ago it seems like the same thing happened but
I don't recal it being hard to get it back on my system.
From: Shenan Stanley on
Greg Forschler wrote:
> I used to have an icon for Remote Desktop on my WinXP SP3 PC.
> Yesterday it simply was not there. I did a search for it and cannot
> find it anywhere, I assume I need to reinstall it somehow. I don't
> have the Windows CD, my machine simply came with it loaded. I looked
> online and found WindowsXP-KB925876-x86-ENU.exe, but when I run it I
> get the error - Setup has detected that the Service Pack version of
> this system
> is newer than the update you are applying. There is no need to
> install this update.
>
> Is there some other way to get this to install? I know I've had to
> do it before, about a year ago it seems like the same thing
> happened but I don't recal it being hard to get it back on my
> system.

Start button --> RUN --> type in:
mstsc
--> Click OK.