From: Jag Chan on
My nephew bought a used computer with Windows XP installed.

But when he tried to use pen drive it wouldn't work.

He received a message that USB port not detected.

He tried all the USB port available in the machine.

Help in this reegard will be of great help'

Thanks.
From: Shenan Stanley on
Jag Chan wrote:
> My nephew bought a used computer with Windows XP installed.
>
> But when he tried to use pen drive it wouldn't work.
>
> He received a message that USB port not detected.
>
> He tried all the USB port available in the machine.
>
> Help in this reegard will be of great help'

First - used computer: format and install the OS yourself. You cannot be
sure what is on there otherwise.

Second - download and install all the drivers from the individual hardware
component manufacturer's web pages.

- Motherboard Chipset
- Video device(s)
- Audio Device(s)
- Network Device(s)

Etc.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
What Shenan said.

From: Doum on
Jag Chan <rup(a)invalid.com> �crivait news:4c4ce4e8$0$280$14726298
@news.sunsite.dk:

> My nephew bought a used computer with Windows XP installed.
>
> But when he tried to use pen drive it wouldn't work.
>
> He received a message that USB port not detected.
>
> He tried all the USB port available in the machine.
>
> Help in this reegard will be of great help'
>
> Thanks.

What Shenan said and be sure to get the XP key before formatting if there
is no COA sticker on the computer case and/or you don't have the key
documented somewhere.

This program will show you the Windows key and other usefull infos.

HTH