From: KDawg44 on
Its been a while and my experience is with ASA's. It appears they are
different than the PIX501 with IOS v.6.3.

How can I specify a local user database for users logging into the
remote VPN? There will be only a couple of users, 4 or 5 at the MOST
remoting in so I do not want to set up a RADIUS server or anything
like that just for this.

I see where to specify the auth server with:

vpngroup GROUP_NAME authentication-server ???? but local does not
work here and ? isn't giving me options.

Thanks for any help.

Kevin
From: maxim chebanenko on

http://www.ciscosystems.com/application/pdf/paws/100936/asa8x-split-tunnel-anyconnect-config.pdf
From: Alister on
On 13/08/2010 01:08, KDawg44 wrote:
> Its been a while and my experience is with ASA's. It appears they are
> different than the PIX501 with IOS v.6.3.
>
> How can I specify a local user database for users logging into the
> remote VPN? There will be only a couple of users, 4 or 5 at the MOST
> remoting in so I do not want to set up a RADIUS server or anything
> like that just for this.
>
> I see where to specify the auth server with:
>
> vpngroup GROUP_NAME authentication-server ???? but local does not
> work here and ? isn't giving me options.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Kevin

Try this:

access-list clients permit ip 10.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 10.1.1.0 255.255.255.0

ip local pool dealer 10.1.1.1-10.1.1.254 mask 255.255.255.0

aaa-server LOCAL protocol local
aaa-server local protocol tacacs+
aaa-server local max-failed-attempts 3
aaa-server local deadtime 10

sysopt connection permit-ipsec

crypto ipsec transform-set strong-des esp-3des esp-sha-hmac
crypto map remote-access client authentication LOCAL
crypto map remote-access interface outside

isakmp enable outside
isakmp identity address
isakmp nat-traversal 20
isakmp policy 8 encryption 3des
isakmp policy 8 hash md5
isakmp policy 8 group 2
isakmp policy 8 lifetime 86400

vpngroup extclients address-pool dealer
vpngroup extclients dns-server 10.0.0.**
vpngroup extclients default-domain domain.local
vpngroup extclients split-tunnel clients
vpngroup extclients idle-time 1800
vpngroup extclients password blahblahblah

username another password blah privilege 2
username fbloggs password blah privilege 2
username jblow password blah privilege 2

Alister

Pages: 1
Prev: Setting up 1941 with Amazon EC2.