From: Peter Huebner on
In article <0cqdncK6gLJBLVnWnZ2dnUVZ_judnZ2d(a)giganews.com>,
clovers(a)pacbell.net says...

> But like I say it seems okay right now so maybe I pushed the panic button
> too quick. I'll see how it does today and then decide. I just wish there'd
> been a little more comprehensive set of owner's instructions with it but oh
> well...

Well, you just had me snigger - try to make sense out of the "owner's
instructions" of _my_ remote:
(I particularly enjoyed the "pretty shape" in the first paragraph,
rotfl)

YONGNU
I) I C{ I F A I.
CAMERA WIRELESS REMOTE CONTROLSHUTTER RELEASE YN-128
YongNuo camera wireless remote control shutter release YN-128 will use
the new micro electron anti-jamming technology and the shutter timing
control system, realizes many kinds of photography functions for yours
camera.
It's volume exquisite - - complete set volume only like the hand size,
easy to carry; The function complete - - may realize under many kinds of
condition camera operations, also it's work without insert the battery;
Responds sensitive - - anytime and anywhere to control the camera
shutter's; Pretty shape - - filled the smoothly modern feeling design,
it's the best commune with machine; Easy installation - -installed hot
shoe locking, may insert the camera hot shoe mount.
It's supports the multistage frequency trim combination, the transmitter
and the receiver establishes separately has four digit switch codes,
realize 15 groups to correspond with remote control combination, and has
the really good anti-jamming-, Its ease to operate, all functional keys
are clear, supported single-frame, continuous-frame, bulb mode, has the
time delay photography as well as the group racket function, this is the
excellent controller for the professional photographer. Specification:
Types of control: Frequency 433MHz, four digit code available
Transmitter size (LxWxH): 80x25xl 8mm Receiver sizes (LxWxH): 50x4Ox3Omm
(included hot shoe)
Battery: Transmitter-23A, Receiver-Cr2 Battery life: Approximately to
use 1000 time within support area.
Transmission ranges: Approximately100 meters (under spacious non-
disturbance environment)
Whole set net weight: 80g (included batteries)
PU lines: Approximately 50cm
Functional:
1, Pretty shape, it has the decoration function modern modeling, facile
exquisite, whole set only like palm size, facilitates to carry.
2, It can realize to use up to 100m, when under the good condition.
Directionless to use (use in 360" ). This is very suitable for outdoors
personnel's use, especially to use for geological prospecting, field
shooting, mountaineering travel. Disposes common battery 23A and the
CR2, which is easy to buy.
3, To control single-frame, continuous-frame and bulb mode, supports 3
seconds delay shoot and the group racket function. The receiver can use
without battery, just use it like wired shutter release controller to
focusing, shutter and B mode.
4. The transmitter has the signal condition to instruction, green light
is focusing, and red light is shutter or B mode. Receiver is user-
friendly, not only has the independent power supply switch, but also has
a pair of lamp status indicator. One lamp is always turned one when the
power switched on, another lamp will on when received signal.
5. Used the high-quality PU spring line to be connect link, the normal
length is 50cm extended length approximately 150cm, it's suitable to
carry, also the receiver can use without the transmitter.
6, The multi-layers high-quality plastic packing, the surface showed
clear, also increases artistic, and transportation protection.
How to use:
Normal shooting: Turn on the receiver power switch. When the transmitter
function switch establishes as B the condition; may realize camera's
single shoot or continuous shoot (when camera sets as single sheet shoot
which is supported to single shoot function; when camera sets as
continuous shoot which is support continuous shoot). Press fully button
from transmitter, at this moment the transmitter transfers the shooting
from focusing, the receiver's signal light is turned on at the same
time.
B mode shooting: Turn on the receiver power switch, when the transmitter
function switch establishes as iO B the condition-, at the same time the
camera shutter function establishment is the B mode condition. Press
fully transmitter's button, until the transmitter signal light to off;
the receiver instructed that enter to shoot condition, at this moment,
the receiver lamp is always turned red, B mode is on. If wants to turn
off the B mode control, just only need to press fully down the
transmitter button.
Delay shooting: Turns on the receiver power switch, when the transmitter
function switch establishes as o the condition, press the transmitter
button to fully down, and then start camera focusing and the delay
shooting function. When the transmitter condition
indicating lamp changes to shooting from focusing, the receiver will
start to three seconds delay shutter movement automatically.
Manual function: Under the non-battery condition, the receiver may
operate alone. The transmitter switches have the obvious feeling; Press
halfway to focus, press fully to shoot, if under the B gate condition,
long according to control the B mode time.
Group racket function: Because of the multi-wraps wireless will
simultaneously use will have based on this the mutual influence,
therefore the launcher and the receiver have established four digit
switch codes, can avoid in the certain extent the disturbance. When the
use group racket function, need
transmitter's digit code switch to establish completely only as loon ,
then all receivers implements the active control to the region, realizes
to camera focusing, the shutter and the B mode control.
YONGNU
PRINTED IN CHINA IMPRIME AU CHINA
www.hkyongnuo.com

From: Pete on
On 2010-04-14 10:16:44 +0100, Peter Huebner said:

> Well, you just had me snigger - try to make sense out of the "owner's
> instructions" of _my_ remote:
> (I particularly enjoyed the "pretty shape" in the first paragraph,
> rotfl)
> <>

Thanks for sharing that. Have they written any aircraft manuals? They
could be fun to read.

--
Pete

From: Savageduck on
On 2010-04-14 02:16:44 -0700, Peter Huebner <no.one(a)this.address> said:

> [...]
> start to three seconds delay shutter movement automatically.
> Manual function: Under the non-battery condition, the receiver may
> operate alone. The transmitter switches have the obvious feeling; Press
> halfway to focus, press fully to shoot, if under the B gate condition,
> long according to control the B mode time.
> Group racket function: Because of the multi-wraps wireless will
> simultaneously use will have based on this the mutual influence,
> therefore the launcher and the receiver have established four digit
> switch codes, can avoid in the certain extent the disturbance. When the
> use group racket function, need
> transmitter's digit code switch to establish completely only as loon ,
> then all receivers implements the active control to the region, realizes
> to camera focusing, the shutter and the B mode control.

That sounds like one of Gerard Hoffnung's "Letters from hotels in the
Dolomites."
"Every room has a French widow."
or
"Kindly oblige your chamber maid by hanging the mattress out the window."

Very funny.
--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: Tzortzakakis Dimitrios on

? "Peter Huebner" <no.one(a)this.address> ?????? ??? ??????
> [...]
> start to three seconds delay shutter movement automatically.
> Manual function: Under the non-battery condition, the receiver may
> operate alone. The transmitter switches have the obvious feeling; Press
> halfway to focus, press fully to shoot, if under the B gate condition,
> long according to control the B mode time.
> Group racket function: Because of the multi-wraps wireless will
> simultaneously use will have based on this the mutual influence,
> therefore the launcher and the receiver have established four digit
> switch codes, can avoid in the certain extent the disturbance. When the
> use group racket function, need
> transmitter's digit code switch to establish completely only as loon ,
> then all receivers implements the active control to the region, realizes
> to camera focusing, the shutter and the B mode control.
Since "also it's work without insert the battery; ", no wonder you had to
change it (the battery). I've even read such funny manuals, in german and
greek too. A german one said "with this device, you'll pass nice teutonic
nights". Very funny! Cheers!

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering