From: Saucer Man on
I keep getting the above error when I try to launch a RemoteApp using an
..rdp file that has the following server name...
full address:s:ts1.abc.com. The ts1 is in a forward lookup zone called
abc.com as a CNAME.

It works properly if I use the following server name...
full address:s:ABC-TS-1. This is the actual computer name of the server.

Why is it not working? I want to create one .rdp file that can be used
internally as well as externally.

--
Thanks!

From: Soo Kuan Teo [MSFT] on
What is the Windows version of Terminal Services and the client machine are
you running?

From: Saucer Man on
The terminal server is Server 2008 and the clients are XP SP3.

From: Soo Kuan Teo [MSFT] on
some tried with RDP property enablecredsspsupport:i:0, and it works with
them.
can you please try it out?
http://blogs.msdn.com/rds/archive/2007/01/22/vista-remote-desktop-connection-authentication-faq.aspx

From: Saucer Man on
Hmmm, unless I'm understanding this wrong, we don't want to disable network
level authentication. We want it to prompt for a username and password.
It's just that when we use...

full address:s:ts1.abc.com, it prompts for credentials but then fails with
the correct credentials.

When we use...

full address:s:ABC-TS-1, it prompts for credentials and then works with the
correct credentials.