Next: A headache
From: Hallie G. Wilson, Jr. on
Need help removing
BLOODHOUND.W32.EP Virus from my computer.

From: Malke on
Hallie G. Wilson, Jr. wrote:

> Need help removing
> BLOODHOUND.W32.EP Virus from my computer.

I assume that you have a full-featured antivirus installed and that is
how you know you are infected. Update the antivirus definitions and do
a complete scan in Safe Mode. To get to Safe Mode, repeatedly tap the
F8 key as the computer is starting. This will get you to the proper
menu.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers
From: David H. Lipman on
"Hallie G. Wilson, Jr." <hgwjr(a)ftc-i.net> wrote in message
| Need help removing
| BLOODHOUND.W32.EP Virus from my computer.

I'll "assume" you have Norton because your terse post is lacking inmportant information !

Dump the contents of the IE Temporary Internet Folder cache (TIF)

start --> settings --> control panel --> internet options --> delete files

1) If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore
2) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode and shutdown as many applications as possible
3) Using your NAV software, perform a Full Scan of your platform and clean/delete any
infectors found
4) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform
5) If you are using WinME or WinXP,Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any
System Restore preferences, (e.g. HD space to use suggested 200 ~ 400MB),
6) Reboot your PC.
7) If you are using WinME or WinXP, create a new Restore point

Dave

Pages: 1
Next: A headache