From: KrispyData on
This formula works great! But, can you explain/translate the formula?

From: "David Biddulph" groups [at] on
LEFT and LEN are both standard Excel functions. Their operation and syntax,
and the operation and syntax of every Excel function except DATEDIF, is
shown in Excel help. One of many ways of getting to Excel help is to hit
the F1 button. I would heartily recommend it as a first port of call.
--
David Biddulph