From: wallymeister on
I have a form based on a 2 table query. User will use shortcut menu to
filter records down to what they want to work on and sort accordingly. I
have a button to remove all filters but I also want to remove any sorts that
were applied and I can't seem to get that part to work. I use the following
to remove all the filters. I just need help with the code to get the form
back to the original underlying query sort.

On_Click event of button control
Me.Filter = ""
FilterOn = False

Like I said, this brings back all records but the sort stays.
I am using Access 2007

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Wally
From: Dirk Goldgar on
"wallymeister" <wallymeister(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a form based on a 2 table query. User will use shortcut menu to
> filter records down to what they want to work on and sort accordingly. I
> have a button to remove all filters but I also want to remove any sorts
> that
> were applied and I can't seem to get that part to work. I use the
> following
> to remove all the filters. I just need help with the code to get the form
> back to the original underlying query sort.
>
> On_Click event of button control
> Me.Filter = ""
> FilterOn = False
>
> Like I said, this brings back all records but the sort stays.
> I am using Access 2007

Me.OrderBy = ""
Me.OrderByOn = False

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)

From: wallymeister on
Thanks Dirk, I swear I tried that before and it didn't work so I thought
there might be something different with 2007, but it worked this time so I
must have done something wrong.

Thanks again
Wally