From: Ambler on
Hello,

I am using Access for a university assignment. I created a query to find
the most expensive items from my table. I have sorted the query results in
descending order by cost. For the assignment, the Report is supposed to show
only the top five most expensive items. How do I delete all the other items
from the query and report, but leave them in the tables?

Thank you.
From: John W. Vinson on
On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 13:29:01 -0700, Ambler <Ambler(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am using Access for a university assignment. I created a query to find
>the most expensive items from my table. I have sorted the query results in
>descending order by cost. For the assignment, the Report is supposed to show
>only the top five most expensive items. How do I delete all the other items
>from the query and report, but leave them in the tables?
>
>Thank you.

Take a look at the TOP VALUES property of queries.

--

John W. Vinson [MVP]