From: LRESA500 on
I was having a system runtime error.(8163) after I installed and when
I use the Kodak Home Security software I got with my new ESP5250
printer. I ran the HP uninstall which deleted most of the program
files but there were still some leftover that remained. I deleted them
manually.
Only one remains " HpqSRmon.exe"
Error message says "this is a program file: access denied, then check
to see if the disc is full." Kodak thinks this file may be the reason
for my runtime error 8163. I have already done a clean of the
Microsoft .NET framework 2.0 and reinstalled it. How can I get rid of
this file?
Thanks
From: Paul on
LRESA500(a)aol.com wrote:
> I was having a system runtime error.(8163) after I installed and when
> I use the Kodak Home Security software I got with my new ESP5250
> printer. I ran the HP uninstall which deleted most of the program
> files but there were still some leftover that remained. I deleted them
> manually.
> Only one remains " HpqSRmon.exe"
> Error message says "this is a program file: access denied, then check
> to see if the disc is full." Kodak thinks this file may be the reason
> for my runtime error 8163. I have already done a clean of the
> Microsoft .NET framework 2.0 and reinstalled it. How can I get rid of
> this file?
> Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Lockups-Freezes-Hangs/Problem-Identified-HPQSRMON-EXE/m-p/160804

"I have since disabled HPQSRMON.EXE in the Startup group using MSCONFIG"

Try disabling it first, and the next time you boot the computer, it
should not be running. And then perhaps you can delete it.
A file that is "busy", might not delete so easily. If
the file isn't running, you may be able to delete it.

If that still fails, there are programs like "unlocker".
But as long as you understand the mechanism by which you're
being prevented from getting at a file, tools like this
shouldn't be needed. And if even that fails, I just boot
a Linux LiveCD, and hammer the offender from there :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unlocker

Paul
From: JD on
On 15/01/2010 6:26 AM, LRESA500(a)aol.com wrote:
> I was having a system runtime error.(8163) after I installed and when
> I use the Kodak Home Security software I got with my new ESP5250
> printer. I ran the HP uninstall which deleted most of the program
> files but there were still some leftover that remained. I deleted them
> manually.
> Only one remains " HpqSRmon.exe"
> Error message says "this is a program file: access denied, then check
> to see if the disc is full." Kodak thinks this file may be the reason
> for my runtime error 8163. I have already done a clean of the
> Microsoft .NET framework 2.0 and reinstalled it. How can I get rid of
> this file?
> Thanks

As Paul says the program is in use, that is why you cannot delete it, it
is probably still running in memory to stop it ether start up in safe
mode in which case it should not be running however that is not always
the case (very bad program design!) in that case you should start your
task manager (ctrl+alt+del) and look for the process, once you find it
you can highlight it and "End Task".

When its no longer running you can delete the HpqSRmon.exe file, if you
start the PC up and it gives you an error message like "HpqSRmon.exe
file not found, press OK to continue" you have to delete the startup
entries using ether msconfig (start > run > type "msconfig" > in the
startup tab) or use HijackThis from trend micro (free)
http://go.trendmicro.com/free-tools/hijackthis/HijackThis.exe
and check the "HpqSRmon.exe" entry(s)

JD