From: LRESA500 on
On Jan 15, 5:09�am, JD <No.Re...(a)Sorry.com> wrote:
> On 15/01/2010 6:26 AM, LRESA...(a)aol.com wrote:
>
> > I was having a system runtime error.(8163) after I installed and when
> > I use the Kodak Home Security software I got with my new ESP5250
> > printer. I ran the HP uninstall which deleted most of the program
> > files but there were still some leftover that remained. I deleted them
> > manually.
> > Only one remains " HpqSRmon.exe"
> > Error message says "this is a program file: access denied, then check
> > to see if the disc is full." Kodak thinks this file may be the reason
> > for my runtime error 8163. I have already done a clean of the
> > Microsoft .NET framework 2.0 and reinstalled it. How can I get rid of
> > this file?
> > Thanks
>
> As Paul says the program is in use, that is why you cannot delete it, it
> is probably still running in memory to stop it ether start up in safe
> mode in which case it should not be running however that is not always
> the case (very bad program design!) in that case you should start your
> task manager (ctrl+alt+del) and look for the process, once you find it
> you can highlight it and "End Task".
>
> When its no longer running you can delete the HpqSRmon.exe file, if you
> start the PC up and it gives you an error message like "HpqSRmon.exe
> file not found, press OK to continue" you have to delete the startup
> entries using ether msconfig (start > run > type "msconfig" > in the
> startup tab) or use HijackThis from trend micro (free)http://go.trendmicro.com/free-tools/hijackthis/HijackThis.exe
> and check the "HpqSRmon.exe" entry(s)
>
> JD

Thanks. Starting it in safe mode I was able to delete the file.
Unfortunately it didn't stop the error message from the Kodak printer
software. I'll have to keep working on that.
From: James D. Andrews on

<LRESA500(a)aol.com> wrote in message
On Jan 15, 5:09?am, JD <No.Re...(a)Sorry.com> wrote:
> On 15/01/2010 6:26 AM, LRESA...(a)aol.com wrote:
>
> > I was having a system runtime error.(8163) after I installed and when
> > I use the Kodak Home Security software I got with my new ESP5250
> > printer. I ran the HP uninstall which deleted most of the program
> > files but there were still some leftover that remained. I deleted them
> > manually.
> > Only one remains " HpqSRmon.exe"
> > Error message says "this is a program file: access denied, then check
> > to see if the disc is full." Kodak thinks this file may be the reason
> > for my runtime error 8163. I have already done a clean of the
> > Microsoft .NET framework 2.0 and reinstalled it. How can I get rid of
> > this file?
> > Thanks
>
> As Paul says the program is in use, that is why you cannot delete it, it
> is probably still running in memory to stop it ether start up in safe
> mode in which case it should not be running however that is not always
> the case (very bad program design!) in that case you should start your
> task manager (ctrl+alt+del) and look for the process, once you find it
> you can highlight it and "End Task".
>
> When its no longer running you can delete the HpqSRmon.exe file, if you
> start the PC up and it gives you an error message like "HpqSRmon.exe
> file not found, press OK to continue" you have to delete the startup
> entries using ether msconfig (start > run > type "msconfig" > in the
> startup tab) or use HijackThis from trend micro
> (free)http://go.trendmicro.com/free-tools/hijackthis/HijackThis.exe
> and check the "HpqSRmon.exe" entry(s)
>
> JD

Thanks. Starting it in safe mode I was able to delete the file.
Unfortunately it didn't stop the error message from the Kodak printer
software. I'll have to keep working on that.

You might try uninstalling the Kodak and reinstall to see if that helps.

You might want to check out a freeware program called Revo Uninstaller
available at most freeware sites. Doesn't just do a basic uninstall, it
goes after everything left over as well, and the big companies tend to leave
a lot of junk behind.