From: Lori on
Okay, I have accountants driving me crazy. They are creating duplicate
entries in our accounting program and I would like our database to be able to
pull out blank spaces, commas, dashes, etc. They have a habit of entering an
invoice number as INV-123 or INV 123 and the accounting system isn't catching
it because of the non-alpha numeric characters.

What would be the most efficient way of accomplishing this?
From: KARL DEWEY on
You could run an Update query using replace function --
Replace(Replace(Replace([YourField], "-", ""), " ", ""), ",", "")))

You can add on to it with other character.

--
Build a little, test a little.

From: Ken Snell on
Define "non-alphanumeric characters"? You mean any character that is not A-Z
or 0-9? If yes, this function will do what you seek:

'**************************************
'* *
'* Fxn StripAllNonLetterNumericChars *
'* *
'**************************************

' ** This function strips all nonletter and nonnumeric characters from a
text string.

Function StripAllNonLetterNumericChars(varOriginalString As Variant) As
String
Dim blnStrip As Boolean
Dim intLoop As Integer
Dim lngLoop As Long
Dim strTemp As String, strChar As String
Dim strOriginalString As String
On Error Resume Next
strTemp = ""
strOriginalString = Nz(varOriginalString, "")
For lngLoop = Len(strOriginalString) To 1 Step -1
blnStrip = True
strChar = Mid(strOriginalString, lngLoop, 1)
If strChar Like "[a-z0-9]" Then blnStrip = False
If blnStrip = False Then strTemp = strChar & strTemp
Next lngLoop
StripAllNonLetterNumericChars = strTemp
Exit Function
End Function

--

Ken Snell
http://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnell/

From: De Jager on

From: joelgeraldine on
jkjkjkj

"Lori" <Lori(a)discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
discussion : 7D809B1F-81BE-4625-99E8-DCB557DEA476(a)microsoft.com...
> Okay, I have accountants driving me crazy. They are creating duplicate
> entries in our accounting program and I would like our database to be able
> pull out blank spaces, commas, dashes, etc. They have a habit of entering
> an
> invoice number as INV-123 or INV 123 and the accounting system isn't
> catching
> it because of the non-alpha numeric characters.
>
> What would be the most efficient way of accomplishing this?

Pages: 1
Prev: ciao
Next: link acces to a web document