From: John Pollard on
Paul J. Hurley wrote:
> I've recently reinstalled Q09 H&B on a new hard drive. Everything
> with the transfer went well, except when I open my Quicken file, all
> the accounts and stocks have an underline. There must be a way to
> remove this underlining, but I can't seem to find it in the options.

There is no way to remove the underline in Quicken.

Your only hope is to export to Excel and do what needs to be done to print
from there.

--

John Pollard

From: JimH on
John Pollard wrote:
> Paul J. Hurley wrote:
>> I've recently reinstalled Q09 H&B on a new hard drive. Everything
>> with the transfer went well, except when I open my Quicken file, all
>> the accounts and stocks have an underline. There must be a way to
>> remove this underlining, but I can't seem to find it in the options.
>
> There is no way to remove the underline in Quicken.
>
> Your only hope is to export to Excel and do what needs to be done to print
> from there.

I've had that problem, but I can't remember what I did to get rid of
them. They are not underlined on my machine right now, but they do
underline if I hover over one. That is the same as Internet Explorer.

I'd look at Internet settings first, then Windows desktop settings.

--
Jim
From: Bob Wang on
Windows Explorer - Tools - Folder Options - Underline icon titles only when
I point at them

From: Tod on
On Aug 30, 6:24 pm, Paul J. Hurley <hurl...(a)NoSpam.caliban.com> wrote:
> I've recently reinstalled Q09 H&B on a new hard drive.  Everything
> with the transfer went well, except when I open my Quicken file, all
> the accounts and stocks have an underline.  There must be a way to
> remove this underlining, but I can't seem to find it in the options.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
> Paul
>
> ----
> Paul J. Hurley
> Caliban Computinghttp://www.Caliban.com/
> Spam resistant return email address.

Edit > Preferences > Quicken Program > Setup > Turn On Animation
Box checked (animation on) should not underline accounts
Box unchecked (animation off) should underline accounts.

There may be other subtle or not-too-subtle effects on system
performance by checking or unchecking that bos.

I am assuming the underlining behavior applicable for accounts
translates to your security observations as well.
From: John Pollard on
Tod wrote:
> On Aug 30, 6:24 pm, Paul J. Hurley <hurl...(a)NoSpam.caliban.com> wrote:
>> I've recently reinstalled Q09 H&B on a new hard drive. Everything
>> with the transfer went well, except when I open my Quicken file, all
>> the accounts and stocks have an underline. There must be a way to
>> remove this underlining, but I can't seem to find it in the options.
>>
>> Any suggestions?

> Edit > Preferences > Quicken Program > Setup > Turn On Animation
> Box checked (animation on) should not underline accounts
> Box unchecked (animation off) should underline accounts.
>
> There may be other subtle or not-too-subtle effects on system
> performance by checking or unchecking that bos.
>
> I am assuming the underlining behavior applicable for accounts
> translates to your security observations as well.

Well I totally misunderstood this question; thanks for getting it right.

--

John Pollard