From: Steve on
There are many distribution lists name DL - *Something or DL - **Something.
This is in the DisplayName and Exchange Alias.

I would like to know if there is a script that would allow be to modify the
DisplayName and Exchange Alias of these DL's?

Any help is appreciated.
From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
I'm sure that someone could write one for you for a fee.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

From: Garny on
Steve,

If you have access to modify AD on a DC, then you could use LDIFDE to dump
the 'DL - *something' stuff to a file to get a listing of their CNs (you need
this info) and then use VBScript to modify their Exchange LDAP attributes.

I learned to create and modify Exchange specific tasks with VBScript using
this site:

http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/Logon/LDAP_attributes_active_directory.htm

Plus, it can be free if you want to take the initiative.

My other recommendation, create a dummy account somewhere and test the
VBScript on it first! That way you don't mess up the original DL's on
accident while you are still testing.

> "Steve" <Steve(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > There are many distribution lists name DL - *Something or DL -
> > **Something.
> > This is in the DisplayName and Exchange Alias.
> >
> > I would like to know if there is a script that would allow be to modify
> > the
> > DisplayName and Exchange Alias of these DL's?
> >
> > Any help is appreciated.

Pages: 1
Prev: Exmerge problem
Next: Public Folder