From: Williams on
I have database that has been in existence since 1998 with no problems. The
database was converted 2007, then due to excessive slowness we reverted back
to version 2003. In recent weeks we have been experiencing an increase in
corruption. In the most recent instance all of the tables and queries
appeared to be deleted from the database. But when I opened forms the data
would be displayed in form view and datasheet view. When I compacted and
repaired the database all of the tables and queries reappearred except 1
table. Approximately 3 weeks ago we had a corruption were there was a record
that contain Asian text. Any ideas on what could be causing this corruption?
I read that users on different service packs could cause corruption. Is
this true? Are they any other factors that could contribute to the repeat
corruption? Any insight would be appreciated.
From: golfinray on
First, compact and repair the front end and back end, especially the back
end. Then go to www.granite.ab.ca and follow what Tony Toews says to do about
corruption.
--
Milton Purdy
ACCESS

From: a a r o n . k e m p f on

Dude jet just plain sucks... It corrupts, it isn't possible to prevent
it.

Jet doesn't work over wireless.. how many people at your office use
wireless? I know for me that's a show-stopper

You need to upgrade to SQL Server in order to prevent corruption.. I
highly reccomend Access Data Projects (ADP)

Thanks

On Apr 21, 12:55 pm, Williams <Willi...(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> I have database that has been in existence since 1998 with no problems.  The
> database was converted 2007, then due to excessive slowness we reverted back
> to version 2003.  In recent weeks we have been experiencing an increase in
> corruption.  In the most recent instance all of the tables and queries
> appeared to be deleted from the database. But when I opened forms the data
> would be displayed in form view and datasheet view.  When I compacted and
> repaired the database all of the tables and queries reappearred except 1
> table.  Approximately 3 weeks ago we had a corruption were there was a record
> that contain Asian text.  Any ideas on what could be causing this corruption?
>  I read that users on different service packs could cause corruption.  Is
> this true?  Are they any other factors that could contribute to the repeat
> corruption?  Any insight would be appreciated.

Pages: 1
Prev: Administrative priviliedges
Next: Simple query?