From: trailblazer on
despite the fast that i successfully download core services 4.0 service pack
2 a fefw days ago, i continue to receive downlaod updates requests for these
two downloads, rebooting does not help. I need to remove some of these
downloads, but how do I stop them from continuing. I use Windows 7 which
does seem to recognize the fast that these downloads have worked.
From: MowGreen on
Security updates for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 may
repeatedly appear in the update list on Microsoft Update or on Windows
Update
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941729

What's happening is that a process is locking the file that is supposed
to be updated and it can not be replaced. HP Software is one of the
known culprits of this issue.

You could clean boot Windows 7, which *should* eliminate interference
from 3rd party software, or boot to Safe Mode in order to rename msxml4.dll:

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows
Vista or in Windows 7
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten

banthecheck.com
"Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked"