From: Dimitris on
Hello. I need to replace letters in a word. For example replace the letter
"M" in the word "SMITH" with "L" so it will become "SLITH".
I have a field named "ALLAGI" of table "PNK1" and I want all the "M" letters
in that field no matter if they are in the beggining, middle or end of the
word to be changed. If there are 2 "M" letters in a word etc. I want both of
them to change.

Thank you in advance.
Dimitris

From: Rick Brandt on
On Mon, 01 Dec 2008 02:33:02 -0800, Dimitris wrote:

> Hello. I need to replace letters in a word. For example replace the
> letter "M" in the word "SMITH" with "L" so it will become "SLITH". I
> have a field named "ALLAGI" of table "PNK1" and I want all the "M"
> letters in that field no matter if they are in the beggining, middle or
> end of the word to be changed. If there are 2 "M" letters in a word etc.
> I want both of them to change.
>
> Thank you in advance.
> Dimitris

If using Access 2000 or newer there is a Replace() function. Use that in
an update query. As usual with update queries I suggest testing on a
copy of your table.

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...