From: "Jay"<sqldba on
I am getting following error, even though my subscriptions property is set
to 336 hours & log reader agent is working fine.
"The subscription has been marked inactive and must be reinitialized at the
Publisher Error 21074".

any help will be appreciated.
From: Hilary Cotter on
the subscriptions are marked expired when the distribution retention is
passed (14 days by default) or the history retention (48 hours by default).
Change history retention to match distribution retention.

--
Hilary Cotter
Director of Text Mining and Database Strategy

This posting is my own and doesn't necessarily represent RelevantNoise's
positions, strategies or opinions.

Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html

Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
http://www.indexserverfaq.com

From: "sqldba"<sqldba on
i match the history retention to distribution retention. do i have to
re-snapshot or & re-initialise. i will appreciate if you give some steps to
follow to resolve this issue.

I stopped Log reader & did re-snap, but still i am seeing the same error.
From: Hilary Cotter on
Unfortunately you really reinitialize. You could do a no-sync and then run a
verify, figure out which tables are out of sync, and then use a tool like
Red-Gate's data compare to make sure that they are in sync.

From: "sqldba"<sqldba on
Two things i did:-
First> i try to reinitialize, but that didn't helped.

Second> I stopped Log reader & then did re-snap, that also
didn't helped.

So i need help how to drop & recreate Subscription if thatis the option left
for me. i will really appreciate your help to resolve this issue as i am
working since morning.