From: The Magnet on
Hi,

I'm trying to learn about this Advanced Replication. I've already got
a headache. Trying to understand these replication groups and master
groups and materialized view sites from master group sites, etc. I
just do not get it.

But anyways, my question is this: I read that you can have a
asynchronous replication but you can simulate continuous pushing of
transactions. Why not use synchronous then? Or I I totally lost?

Thanks!

From: ddf on
On Sep 15, 7:15 pm, The Magnet <a...(a)unsu.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to learn about this Advanced Replication.  I've already got
> a headache.  Trying to understand these replication groups and master
> groups and materialized view sites from master group sites, etc.  I
> just do not get it.
>
> But anyways, my question is this:  I read that you can have a
> asynchronous replication but you can simulate continuous pushing of
> transactions.   Why not use synchronous then?  Or I I totally lost?
>
> Thanks!

Not to be contrary but you should probably shift over to reading about
Streams replication as the old Advanced Replcation is outdated.

David Fitzjarrell
From: The Magnet on
On Sep 15, 8:02 pm, ddf <orat...(a)msn.com> wrote:
> On Sep 15, 7:15 pm, The Magnet <a...(a)unsu.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > I'm trying to learn about this Advanced Replication.  I've already got
> > a headache.  Trying to understand these replication groups and master
> > groups and materialized view sites from master group sites, etc.  I
> > just do not get it.
>
> > But anyways, my question is this:  I read that you can have a
> > asynchronous replication but you can simulate continuous pushing of
> > transactions.   Why not use synchronous then?  Or I I totally lost?
>
> > Thanks!
>
> Not to be contrary but you should probably shift over to reading about
> Streams replication as the old Advanced Replcation is outdated.
>
> David Fitzjarrell

Will look into it, easier to understand I hope, and better with 10g I
hope too.....
From: MacRules on
The Magnet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to learn about this Advanced Replication. I've already got
> a headache. Trying to understand these replication groups and master
> groups and materialized view sites from master group sites, etc. I
> just do not get it.
>
> But anyways, my question is this: I read that you can have a
> asynchronous replication but you can simulate continuous pushing of
> transactions. Why not use synchronous then? Or I I totally lost?
>
> Thanks!

I just did an eval on Quest Shareplex, it is very simple to setup.
From: Shakespeare on
MacRules schreef:
> The Magnet wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to learn about this Advanced Replication. I've already got
>> a headache. Trying to understand these replication groups and master
>> groups and materialized view sites from master group sites, etc. I
>> just do not get it.
>>
>> But anyways, my question is this: I read that you can have a
>> asynchronous replication but you can simulate continuous pushing of
>> transactions. Why not use synchronous then? Or I I totally lost?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

> I just did an eval on Quest Shareplex, it is very simple to setup.

But it may cause a lot of problems when it falls too far behind.
Sometimes it just gives up...

Shakespeare