From: Jeff on
We have recently moved reports from a RS 2005 server to a new RS 2008 server
and we are having an issue with charts using a model based on an AS cube(2005
enterprise). We are now getting the following error on several reports:

Value was either too large or too small for a Decimal.

The bar chart has the following:
- Units for the value fields
- Crew for the series fields
- Date for the category fields.

What I think is happening is that the for each category (Date) not every
series field (crew) has data, because different crews work different days and
any given day will have only 3 of the 4 possible crews working (3 shifts, but
4 Crews).

This only started once we moved the reports to RS2008. We do not want to
move to Report Builder 2.0 yet because of the training effort involved.

Questions:
1. Is the model generation in RS2008 different than RS2005?
2. Is there a fix for the Report Builder that addresses this issue?
3. Or is there a way to update the chart with formulas to handle the
missing data?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Jeff