From: NFL on
I have a report set up to group information by date and a report footer set
up to give me a grand total of data from the group. The problem I came
across is when I set the report to display in 2 columns; the report footer
will appear on a separate page and not show up in the 2nd column of the
report. Can the report footer be shown in columns?

Thank you,
From: Marshall Barton on
NFL wrote:

>I have a report set up to group information by date and a report footer set
>up to give me a grand total of data from the group. The problem I came
>across is when I set the report to display in 2 columns; the report footer
>will appear on a separate page and not show up in the 2nd column of the
>report. Can the report footer be shown in columns?

No. The report (and page) header/footer section always use
the full width of the report.

You can get the totals in a column by creating a top lever
group on a constant expression (eg. =1) and moving you
totals text boxes to this group's footer section.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
From: NFL on
How would I do that in the Details Section? Do I need to create an unbound
box and make it refer to the value on the footer?

From: Marshall Barton on
You don't do anything in the detail section. This is so
simple that it's confusing you. Just create the extra group
with footer and use it the same way you currently have the
report footer.
--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]