From: Vincent on
I'm not certain if there is a "best" way to handle this, but I wish to
display a "please wait" dialog on the screen before a report is fully
rendered. By fully rendered, I mean that the first page of the report
appears on the screen. It appears as if all of a report's events are
triggered long before the first page of the report actually appears.

Does anyone have an optimal way of handling this?

Thanks.

Vincent
From: Vincent on
On Aug 5, 12:42 pm, Vincent <animedrea...(a)verizon.net> wrote:
> I'm not certain if there is a "best" way to handle this, but I wish to
> display a "please wait" dialog on the screen before a report is fully
> rendered.  By fully rendered, I mean that the first page of the report
> appears on the screen.  It appears as if all of a report's events are
> triggered long before the first page of the report actually appears.
>
> Does anyone have an optimal way of handling this?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Vincent

Answered my own question...I can keep the please wait window open and
close it after the call to docmd.openreport()...

Seems to be working well.

Vincent
From: Vincent on
On Aug 5, 12:48 pm, Vincent <animedrea...(a)verizon.net> wrote:
> On Aug 5, 12:42 pm, Vincent <animedrea...(a)verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > I'm not certain if there is a "best" way to handle this, but I wish to
> > display a "please wait" dialog on the screen before a report is fully
> > rendered.  By fully rendered, I mean that the first page of the report
> > appears on the screen.  It appears as if all of a report's events are
> > triggered long before the first page of the report actually appears.
>
> > Does anyone have an optimal way of handling this?
>
> > Thanks.
>
> > Vincent
>
> Answered my own question...I can keep the please wait window open and
> close it after the call to docmd.openreport()...
>
> Seems to be working well.
>
> Vincent

Actually, this is not working as intended....

The please wait window launches after which a "blank" report area
opens as the report is generating. After this "blank" report area
opens, my please wait window disappears (but it is still loaded). Is
there any way to prevent the please wait window from disappearing?

Vincent
From: Salad on
Vincent wrote:
> On Aug 5, 12:48 pm, Vincent <animedrea...(a)verizon.net> wrote:
>
>>On Aug 5, 12:42 pm, Vincent <animedrea...(a)verizon.net> wrote:
>>

>>>I'm not certain if there is a "best" way to handle this, but I wish to
>>>display a "please wait" dialog on the screen before a report is fully
>>>rendered. By fully rendered, I mean that the first page of the report
>>>appears on the screen. It appears as if all of a report's events are
>>>triggered long before the first page of the report actually appears.
>>
>>>Does anyone have an optimal way of handling this?
>>
>>>Thanks.
>>
>>>Vincent
>>
>>Answered my own question...I can keep the please wait window open and
>>close it after the call to docmd.openreport()...
>>
>>Seems to be working well.
>>
>>Vincent
>

> Actually, this is not working as intended....
>
> The please wait window launches after which a "blank" report area
> opens as the report is generating. After this "blank" report area
> opens, my please wait window disappears (but it is still loaded). Is
> there any way to prevent the please wait window from disappearing?
>
> Vincent

I would be under the impression that a msgbox, being a dialog form,
wouldn't process much of anything until there was an click action done
on the messagebox.

Are you updating records when you run the report? What are you
attempting to stop? Basically, I view a report as a snapshot of data at
this particular second.

I suppose you could run thru the report and set a flag...If false don't
print, if true then print. See help topics on NextRecord, PrintSection,
MoveLayout.

From: Albert D. Kallal on
Build a form and set it as popup.

docmd.OpenForm "nice little form with please wait message"
doevents
docmd.OpenReport "myReport",acViewPreview
docmd.Close acform "nice little form with please wait message"

Albert K.