From: Ray C on
I have an Access app with an SQL Server backend.
One report is based on a VIEW. When I run the view alone all the data is
visible. But when I run the report, I get #Error on one field. The field is
numeric. However, the RecordSource property of the textbox is:

[MyNumericFieldFromSQLView]/32

What's strange is that when I remove the division by 32, the #Error
disappears.
What I need to do in the report is divide the value from the view by 32. I
cannot modify the view because it is not an option.

Any help? Thanks !

From: John Spencer on
It is possible that the field is a text field that is displaying number data.

Try the following expression and see what happens.

IIF(IsNumeric([MyNumericFieldFromSQLView]),[MyNumericFieldFromSQLView]/32,Null)

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

From: John Spencer on
Also, make sure the control on the report is not named