From: chippy on
I've inherited a old small office (access 97) database recently that
keeps exceeding the max file size.
The problem is the database stores compressed word documents in an OLE
Object field (very bad design I know).
I am going to move us to an SQL system in about 6 months but I need to
keep this system running.
I need to report on the individual size of each OLE Object, so I can
trace which docs are causing the space problems.
Can anyone advise how I could build a report that displayed the size
in bytes/ megabytes etc of each OLE Object. I could then sort the
report and look at the larger items and trace the users causing the
blow outs.

The Table that hold the docs is quite simple - it has the following
fields

ID (Autonumber)
DOCUMENT ID (number)
DOCUMENT NAME (text)