From: Kees on
Hey Navisioners,

Currently i'm working on some new reports for invoicing, but it seems that
i'm getting stuck. I've tried to work with borders and colors, with no
result.

What i tried to create is a report that prints all sales lines but each with
a different background color. Therefore i am using a variable that counts,
every loop a +1(onaftergetrecord trigger). And in a function i check if it is
a even or odd number. when even color is white, when odd color is gray, or
something like that.

Now i've tried to set the backcolor to another color, just by editing the
properties, to 0(zero). and wanted to test that, but the new printout gives
no result.

After that i tried to create a border around my text box, color also 0(zero)
and borderwidth is 9 pts. In the designer it display right. but when i try to
print a invoice the border isn't shown.

What is wrong with my settings? Am i missing something? is NAV not
supporting it? If not, why are the properties about borders and colors shown
with a textbox?

I am running in microsoft dynamics NAV 2009 SP1.

Thanks in advance,

Kees
From: Savatage on
Take a look at this post..see if it provides some light.
http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=272

From: Savatage on
If it works please respond back, so others in the future with the same
problem know they have a working solution here.

From: mjhiggy on
On Jun 24, 5:25 pm, Savatage <savatag...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> If it works please respond back, so others in the future with the same
> problem know they have a working solution here.
>

> "Savatage" wrote:
> > Take a look at this post..see if it provides some light.
> >http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=272
>
> > "Kees" wrote:
>
> > > Hey Navisioners,
>
> > > Currently i'm working on some new reports for invoicing, but it seems that
> > > i'm getting stuck. I've tried to work with borders and colors, with no
> > > result.
>
> > > What i tried to create is a report that prints all sales lines but each with
> > > a different background color. Therefore i am using a variable that counts,
> > > every loop a +1(onaftergetrecord trigger). And in a function i check if it is
> > > a even or odd number. when even color is white, when odd color is gray, or
> > > something like that.
>
> > > Now i've tried to set the backcolor to another color, just by editing the
> > > properties, to 0(zero). and wanted to test that, but the new printout gives
> > > no result.
>
> > > After that i tried to create a border around my text box, color also 0(zero)
> > > and borderwidth is 9 pts. In the designer it display right. but when i try to
> > > print a invoice the border isn't shown.
>
> > > What is wrong with my settings? Am i missing something? is NAV not
> > > supporting it? If not, why are the properties about borders and colors shown
> > > with a textbox?
>
> > > I am running in microsoft dynamics NAV 2009 SP1.
>
> > > Thanks in advance,
>
> > > Kees- Hide quoted text -

This definately works as we have used this method many times, mainly
to show traffic lights for financial variances in reports.
From: Savatage on
> > If it works please respond back, so others in the future with the same
> > problem know they have a working solution here.

Thanks for the reply.. I know it works, but I was just trying to get started
in this forum the culture of actually responding to posts.

If you go thru most of the posts that contain a reply, you'll see a question
and an answer and the original poster rarely posts back. "Yes that worked" or
"No it's not working for me"

It leaves an incomplete feeling to each post.
OhWellWhatCanYouDo?