From: Jake Abella on
I had an existing report but very slow to open. This is a payroll
program. Here's what I did.
On this report will display all the employees by branch. Then on each
employees, I made two sub reports contains their earnings on the left
side and deductions on the right side. It runs without problem but
very slow. And I found out that the two sub reports was the problem.
But I don't know to do in order for me to display the earnings and
deductions on the details of each employees.

Can some help me on this?
From: Roger on
On Mar 12, 5:54 pm, Jake Abella <jake.abe...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I had an existing report but very slow to open. This is a payroll
> program. Here's what I did.
> On this report will display all the employees by branch. Then on each
> employees, I made two sub reports contains their earnings on the left
> side and deductions on the right side. It runs without problem but
> very slow. And I found out that the two sub reports was the problem.
> But I don't know to do in order for me to display the earnings and
> deductions on the details of each employees.
>
> Can some help me on this?

can you use groupings to define a branch group and an employee group
and use the detail section for 'earnings / deductions' ?

I assume none of queries involved with the report are slow ?
From: Jake Abella on
On Mar 13, 10:41 am, Roger <lesperan...(a)natpro.com> wrote:
> On Mar 12, 5:54 pm, Jake  Abella <jake.abe...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I had an existing report but very slow to open. This is a payroll
> > program. Here's what I did.
> > On this report will display all the employees by branch. Then on each
> > employees, I made two sub reports contains their earnings on the left
> > side and deductions on the right side. It runs without problem but
> > very slow. And I found out that the two sub reports was the problem.
> > But I don't know to do in order for me to display the earnings and
> > deductions on the details of each employees.
>
> > Can some help me on this?
>
> can you use groupings to define a branch group and an employee group
> and use the detail section for 'earnings / deductions' ?
>
> I assume none of queries involved with the report are slow ?

I did group my employees by branch, I open the report by selecting a
branch and the paydate first.

My earnings and deductions were on the same table, And I just don't
know to populate late these on the details report. Like I've said I
want these earnings on the left side and deductions to the rights side
group together. Do you know any ideas?